Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moooore Waaaaaiiiiitiiiiiing.....


Happy New Year! 

For some unknown reason, the official announcement of the new CU assistant coaching staff has been delayed yet again, until tomorrow, Thursday, January 3, which is also the end of the recruiting dead period.  Whatever explanation for postponing yet another much anticipated announcement in this ordeal should be an instant Bohnhead classic.  One more day…

Here’s how it seems that the coaching staff is starting to look like so far (everyone we “know” is from the SJSU staff):

Offense: OC and QBs Brian Lindgren, O-line coach Gary Bernardi, TE: probably Klayton Adams.  
RB and WR are the only ones without any names specifically connected to them.  While many would love Duke’s Matt Lubick or to retain Bobby Kennedy for WR, I think we would have heard something more concrete if they were indeed lined up.  Again, don’t bother hoping for EB at RB either.

Defense: DC (and LBs?) Kent Baer, D-line Jim Jeffcoat (also recruiting coordinator?), secondary (?) Charles Clark, corners (?) Andy LaRussa (also special teams?), which might be it for the D.

Strength and Conditioning: Dave Forman?

Special Teams: LaRussa?

There are still some who believe that Darian Hagan, current recruiting coordinator and the only member of the previous staff reported to still be officed on campus, is staying in some capacity on the administrative side.

We should also start hearing some more about prospects and visits soon!

Former CU DC and DB coach Greg Brown will be named secondary coach at Alabama under Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.  Roll Tide!  Beat the Irish!

Go Buffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment