Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Buffs give ASU a run for their money

It was a gorgeous day for college football and the Colorado buffaloes came to play. It was by far their best performance in three tries with a lot of positives to build on. The offense actually out gained the sun devils, the offensive line opened some holes and all the receivers got into the action, including Donovan lee who burned his redshirt and broke a nice reverse. The defense even held its own with some key stops and even some three-and-outs. If it wasn't for three turnovers the buffs could have even won this game.  But the Michael Adkins fumble was killer and flipped the momentum back to ASU at the half and they came out and marched down the field to take a big lead. No matter what happened though the young buffs never packed it in and kept fighting to the finish giving us something to look forward to the rest of the season. Go Buffs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment