Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday morning stream of consciousness reaction

After yet another mind numbing heartbreaking loss the Buffs and their fan base are left yet again wondering "what if?" Although there are a lot of things to be excited about-500 yards offense including a running attack, Bryce bobo's 2 TDs, Kenneth olugbode'a best game, some huge defensive stops, wil Oliver eliminating kick return game with touchbacks-there were still way too many of the same costly mistakes at the worst times. Once again Colorado started by spotting their opponent a two touchdown lead with Ucla going up 17-0 before the buffs woke up and started to play ball. They won the middle of the game despite some really boneheaded plays, but then could not finish, even with the bruin defense exhausted in overtime they could only muster two three and out FGs and finally were overcome by Brett hundley. They found every way to make critical mistakes, especially at the beginning and end, including head scratching interceptions by sefo early and late. The only thing missing was costly drops (but sefo had many under and overthrows also). But the worst mistakes were coaching related, highlighted by the end of half debacle where they were unaware and unprepared. I can't understand how lindgren keeps calling runs straight into the line on short yardage plays. They also are scared stiff to go for it on 4th down, I guess since they are so terrible at play calling-- they punted 3 or 4 times from near midfield on 4th and 3 or less. 
  I must say that this team has heart like none I have seen and continues to persevere; I just hope they can stick with it after so many close calls and difficult losses. Washington is a winnable game, albeit at an ungodly football hour. Go Buffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment