Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday morning stream of consciousness Washington reaction

It is getting harder and harder to watch this team, even though there is no where else I'd rather be in a Saturday, but anytime they make a good play you are left cringing biting lips waiting for their next mistake, because you know it is coming. So many improved stats, mostly on offense but even on D, however, there are so many terrible ones from rushing and red zone defense to Sefo's conference leading interceptions. The coaching is mind boggling in how they manage the game and how their players are still making many of the same mistakes as they did against the rams. I am headed down to Tucson for the next one and am unsure of how to even approach this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment