Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday morning stream of consciousness reaction

The buffs did indeed get trounced by the Oregon Ducks this time though only 44-10, which still covered the spread. The game was only in doubt for the opening kickoff where CU lined up in an onsides kick formation and actually recovered it after some fortuitous bounces. However, Jordan gerhke promptly went three and out in his first series. Oregon never really looked back, even when their 2pt conversion failed. The buffs never found traction, could rarely sustain any success for more than a play or two and were never really in the game.  Gerhke showed why he is the backup, though sefo only fared marginally better. Colorado highlights were few. Phillip Lindsay continued to look good both on offense and returns. TE Kyle Slavin had probably his best game as a buff but had one of his catches called back- that's so CU this year. BoulderDevil should be happy Ryan moeller finally got his chance and led the team in tackles, although he was a little overzealous with his hits, not always wrapping up and pushing the edge late along the sidelines, including one penalty.The team has one final shot at a conference win against Utah early next Saturday morning where I would expect a sparse crowd without many students and season ticket holders who are out of town for the holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment