Welcome!

Teacher by day, Buff fanatic by night, and, actually throughout the school day also. I was raised in Boulder during the dark Chuck Fairbanks years by two University of Michigan alums. I knew "Go Blue!" long before "Go Buffs!", but when a relatively unknown defensive coordinator was hired to lead the Buffs, my interest was slightly piqued. By the time I reached high school Bill McCartney was building a solid foundation with homegrown talent like Jon Embree and I remember the day in 1986 when Boulder celebrated the win over Nebraska. In college I sold beer, watched Coach Mac win a championship, Rashaan Salaam win a Heisman and I was hooked forever. When Jon Embree was hired, I renewed my season tickets and hit the practice rail. I wrote up a few things for some relatives, forwarded them to a few friends, and then made it a blog. Now I find writing about my Buffies is fun, more informative and therapy! I'll post a few times a week during the season, less in the offseason, with news, musings and links. Go Buffs!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sitting here in limbo

No word from Butch Jones yet as he was still mulling things over with his family, and possibly now talking to Wisconsin after Bret Bilema left for Arkansas.  Cincinnati has also supposedly offered yet another contract re-negotiation and raise.  At least Purdue is out of the competition and it looks like they will hire Kent State coach Darrel Hazell (he was briefly mentioned as a candidate here).  It will be another interesting day for the Buff beat writers trying to get any tidbit or hint of information.

If not Jones, then who?  There are many rumors that Jones might have been Bohn's targeted "number one guy" from the start, but he may have already offered and been turned down by the likes of Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen, Jeff Tedford, Gary Anderson, anyone else?
Bronco Mendenhall reportedly interviewed with CU on Sunday, but his name has disappeared from the blogs and musings.
Fresno State's Tim DeRuyter is the choice for many people, but there are also reports that he wants nothing to do with Colorado. However, I also saw a post that said he has not had any contact with CU, but would take the job in a heartbeat if offered.
I haven't heard San Jose State's Mike MacIntyre mentioned much lately either.
I have not really seen any other names.  When will they have to open up the search to include some coordinators?
Mike BohnHead is not looking good right now.  His first decision as AD was to keep Barnett a little longer, then he fired him amidst the chaos;  followed up with "home run hire" of danny boy then exteneded and kept him around; finally, lost out on all his top candidate to settle for a cheap Embree, before firing him after only two miserable years.  Now it appears he has botched this current process as well.  Even if Jones decides to come to Boulder, how long until he is looking for greener grass at yet another, bigger profile school?
Maybe Benson and DiStefano will suddenly come to a conclusion about Bohn, as Bohn did with Embree.
I will again be following throughout the day on twitter and if there is ever a formal announcement that will be my first tweet @unicodavidsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment